We went to my parents house for mother's day yesterday. Three moms, jerk chicken, sweet potato stew, and the storied Arboratum Tearoom Cake (my mom's favorite). I tried not to think that I made a cake partially to celebrate myself. Seems a little self-aggrandizing. Felix was in bliss: he got to mow the lawn, ride on Thomas the Train, "drive" my parents car, and open and close the garage door (no really, we are not trying to gender him)! After dinner, my sister surprised Susan and I with some mama's day gifts...I guess until Felix saves enough pennies to take both of his mamas out to lunch she's gonna have to help out. Its tough having two moms when it comes to this holiday!
One of the gifts was this plate above. I showed it to Felix, and said to him, "what is under the hen"? He responded with "shoes". At first I tried to explain that hens lay eggs, and then the hens sit on the eggs until the eggs hatch and a chick comes out. Then, I realized how absolutely ridiculous that probably sounded to him. Hens sitting on eggs that become chicks? C'mon. So, then I said what I should have said all along, "how many shoes are there"?
1 comment:
Boy, if I were a kid I'd get pretty tired of all these meddlesome questions. What is that, who is that, can you count how many are there...We would be a lot better off if adults spent as much time asking each other questions as we do kids.
Post a Comment