No! We went to the Yo Gabba Gabba show at the Target Book Festival!
Earlier that morning I read some critiques on some online parent forums about TV shows not being books and asking why Yo Gabba Gabba was at this festival. I had to wonder...at a time when media and narrative comes in so many forms do we really need to split hairs? And when there are so many other much more problematic and downright frightening shows out there do we really need to criticize the one with a sense of humor, decent message, and a good beat? Though yes, I do still have my critiques of Gabba, but that's another story.
Given that Felix now quotes YGG quite liberally - sometimes in context ("I'm so sorry" song) and sometimes not ("I'm a worm" - another song lyric fave), and knows the names of all the characters, we thought he would enjoy the adventure.
We picked up friends Mary and Augie packed ourselves into the car, quite literally, and headed out to the suburbs.
This led to some enthusiastic dancing by both Felix and his sidekick.
After the show we headed over to the bouncy area for some serious bouncing - heading off a few near accidents for Augie! Felix got his turn though in the climbing area at the playground a few minutes later when he got trapped in the structure, necessitating some adult intervention.
Everyone was spent by the time we got out of there and mellowed out on the bus ride back to the car. Then both kiddos fell asleep on the way home.
No comments:
Post a Comment