Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Milk Drunk



I love the look on Felix's face after he is done nursing. He looks so satisfied and so completely at peace with the world. I remember how hard it was when I first started breastfeeding. It was painful and awkward and time consuming! I am so glad I continued through the rough spots: through the blocked milk ducts, the awkward times in public, and squeezing in pumping three times a day at work. Nursing Felix is such a special experience, it is worth the hassle. It feels good to know I can give him such a healthy food that is made just for him. And it is nice to know that I can comfort in a special way that noone else can, that helps him feel safe and loved. Someday he will learn many other ways to feel secure. But right now, I am glad that he has me...and my boobs.

No comments: