Monday, July 19, 2010

Trolley Ride

We are a family that loves mass transit, so it was really hard to tell who enjoyed our recent ride on the Lake Harriet Streetcar the most.


Susan liked the original hardwood flooring, the 1930's advertisements, and the beautiful light fixtures.  I liked chatting it up with the conductors.  Pick any location and they will go into a 20 minute monologue about where the line ran, the turnaround locations, which streetcars ran on that line, etc etc etc.  It realized while they were talking that -- this could be me in 20 odd years!!! But I digress...



Since we were the only passengers, the conductor let Felix drive the streetcar, which was pretty darn exciting in itself, but...


culminated when he got to toot the horn!


With a look like this, you gotta wonder why we haven't gone back every day!

1 comment:

diz said...

Hi Pepicek, Nicola, and Susan!

I just found your blog, and think it is wonderful.

I've never seen that trolley at Lake Harriet, but what fun. I'm going to take the AMTRAK next week to visit friends in Chicago and Ypsilanti.

Bye-bye!