
While many words can be used to describe Felix of late, the word that comes to mind most often for me is "sweet". Felix has taken to giving kisses - a lot. And not just to us - friends, family, his kitties, and even furniture have benefited from his well wishes. Today while vacuuming, he pushed the vacuum cleaner into the ottoman, and then leaned over and kissed it to "make it better". He also rammed into and kissed the front door, the rocking horse, and the toilet (I did not let him kiss that). While I know this is just a toddler phase, I am touched by this innate sense of empathy for others, both animate and inanimate. If only this would extend to the times he is asked to share his toys!
1 comment:
Abbie had me kiss her shirt today because it got "zipped" by her zipper. So sweet.
Post a Comment