Last night, we had a shorter reading night as Felix' grandparents had just gotten back from out of town, and we were visiting with them. But, we did read an old baby book at bedtime that Felix is now able to read on his own, called "I am a Bunny". I have to admit I choked up a little. I have so many memories of reading this book to Felix as a baby, that it's hard to hear it now without being reminded of those baby-time moments in the past.
Tonight, I asked Felix if there were any themes for what he wanted to read, and he decided on "Cats and Dogs that Run Away". Surprisingly, we have a number of books on this topic! But once we'd read the first book - "A Bad Kitty Christmas", which does have a cat and dog in it that run away, Felix wanted to read a book he checked out from the Bancroft Media Center today, that is from the Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends series. It is titled "Stumped". Felix told me he really enjoyed the book because of the drawings, and because it featured two bug-like creatures who got mad at each other, and then worked it out in the end. Books about friendship issues seem to appeal to him these days.

1 comment:
Its pretty impressive that you'll had a selection of books on that specific topic "dogs and cats that run away." Though I guess it is a theme in this household...
Post a Comment